Best Interac Casinos
Any online casino aiming to attract Canadian players is likely to accept Interac. This payment method is very popular in the Great White North and has proven incredibly efficient for depositing and withdrawing from online casino accounts. It’s fast, safe, reliable, easy to use, and cost-effective.
Finding an operator that accepts Interac is not that difficult, but you should also consider other factors, like the site’s game portfolio, bonuses, user experience, and more. To help you select the right Interac casino, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top-performing Canadian-friendly gambling sites that support this payment option.
We will also talk more about Interac, discuss the differences between Interac e-Transfer and Interac Online, and share a guide that will help you deposit and withdraw with ease.
In the ever-evolving landscape of online casinos, longevity is a rare and precious jewel. Enter JackpotCity online casino, an industry veteran that has not only stood the test of time but has thrived in its 25-year journey, dating back to its inception in 1998.91Top Live CasinoMobile Compatibility
Best Interac Casinos in Canada for 2023
Interac has established itself as an ideal method for sending money to and from online casino accounts. As such, it is available on a vast number of gambling platforms, including those that operate outside of Canada yet welcome Canadian players.
Out of all Interac casinos, we identified several that deserve your attention. Apart from accepting Interac, these sites offer a great variety of games, have enticing bonuses and promotions, and are safe and trustworthy.
Interac is a Canadian banking network that launched in 1984. It serves as a debit card system and a funds transfer service.
Using high-level encryption via EMV chip card technology, Interac cards are highly secure and hard to copy. The system is also very convenient, allowing you to pay for goods and services both online and in retail stores, with around 60,000 ATMs and close to half a million merchant locations accepting Interac.
Interac has two distinct services — Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer — and some online casinos might allow you to choose between them. But what are the differences between them, and which one should you select?
Differences Between Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer
When trying to deposit at a casino, you may encounter both Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer as viable options.
- Interac e-Transfer is an easy way to send funds to anyone with an email address and a bank account. Most use it to transfer money between family and friends. When choosing this option at an online casino, the operator will share an email that you can access when starting an online banking session. As another layer of protection, you need to choose a security question and answer. From there, select the amount you want to deposit, and the funds will be transferred almost immediately.
- Interac Online is a bit faster than e–Transfer as it doesn’t require you to open an online banking session separately or use emails and security questions. Instead, the casino site will direct you to a payment gateway, and you’ll get to transfer money straight from your bank account. While quicker and more convenient, Interac Online is not as widespread as e-Transfer and only works through specific Canadian financial institutions.
Of course, whichever of these you choose, know that both are highly secure and reliable. The payments go through very quickly, allowing you to start playing minutes after opening an account.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Using Interac
Using Interac is very intuitive, and if you’ve made online casino transactions in the past, we’re sure depositing won’t be a problem. But, just to make sure everything goes smoothly, we’ve created a simple guide that you can follow and deposit via Interac without running into any brick walls.
Since there are slight differences between making deposits with Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer, we’ve created a summary for each service.
Of course, before you can deposit, you must sign up at one of the casino sites that accept Interac payments. To register, you must share your name, email, date of birth, and other details. After you complete the registration, you will likely see instructions on activating your account, after which you can go to the Cashier page and fund your account.
How to Deposit Using Interac Online
Select Interac e-Transfer
Go to the Deposit page and choose Interac e-Transfer from the list of options.
Input the deposit amount
Choose how much you want to deposit as long as it falls within limits imposed by the casino.
Choose your banking institution
Select your banking institution from the list. The list should be more extensive compared to Interac Online and contain banks such as Scotiabank, Canadian Western, BMO, Tangerine, ATB Financial, CIBC, and others.
Complete the transaction
Once you choose a bank, you’ll see an email and a security question and answer that you need to submit. After you complete this, the money should appear in your online casino account almost instantly.
How to Deposit Using Interac e-Transfer
- Select Interac e-Transfer — Go to the Deposit page and choose Interac e-Transfer from the list of options.
- Input the deposit amount — Choose how much you want to deposit as long as it falls within limits imposed by the casino.
- Choose your banking institution — Select your banking institution from the list. The list should be more extensive compared to Interac Online and contain banks such as Scotiabank, Canadian Western, BMO, Tangerine, ATB Financial, CIBC, and others.
- Complete the transaction — Once you choose a bank, you’ll see an email and a security question and answer that you need to submit. After you complete this, the money should appear in your online casino account almost instantly.
Interac Withdrawal Procedure
To withdraw using Interac, just go to your account, navigate to the Withdrawal tab, choose Interac from the list of available options, type in the amount, and submit the request.
Note that certain casinos might ask for proof of identity if you’re a new customer withdrawing for the first time. Before you can proceed, they might request that you share a copy of your photo ID, billing address, or proof of bank account. Don’t be alarmed, as this is a fairly standard procedure.
Just like deposits, Interac cashouts have their own limits set by the casino. Also, make sure that you’ve cleared all bonus wagering requirements before trying to withdraw money from your account. The withdrawal policies differ from one operator to another, with a request pending between one and three days, after which you can expect the funds to reach your bank account shortly.
You should not worry about being scammed out of your winnings as long as you play on a safe and trusted casino site. We again urge you to pick an Interac casino from our list, as our team of online casino specialists has made sure it contains legit and reliable casinos that don’t delay payments or freeze player accounts for no reason.
The deposit and withdrawal limits are set at the sole discretion of a casino site. Operators rarely allow deposits of less than $10 at a time, while some have minimum limits set to $20 or $30. The maximum limit can reach $5,000 per transaction or more, while withdrawals at some online casinos have daily, weekly, and monthly limits.
A casino may also allow a player to extend their deposit and withdrawal limits, either by request or through a loyalty programme that features limit extensions as a perk.
Pros and Cons of Using Interac
Thousands of Canadian players rely on Interac to move money to and from their online casino accounts. But no matter how great and convenient Interac is overall, it’s far from a perfect payment option. Below are some reasons why we like Interac, followed by a list of downsides you might want to consider.
|Reputable and secure||Limitations of Interac Online|
|Easy to use|
- Reputable and secure — Interac has been around since the 80s, and Canadians generally trust it. It uses multiple layers of high-level encryption to make fraud and card copying nearly impossible.
- Two-way transactions — You can use Interac to fund your account and collect your winnings. Paysafecard or checks, for example, only work in one direction.
- Widely accepted — Realizing the popularity of the method among Canadians, the majority of online casinos that welcome players from the Great White North support at least one of the two Interac payment systems.
- Easy to use — Whether you use Interac Online or Interac e-Transfer, you’ll be able to complete deposits and withdrawals in minutes.
- Limitations of Interac Online — While Interac Online is faster than Interac e-Transfer, it’s limited to only a handful of banks.
- Fees — You may encounter service fees when completing Interac transactions, although they are mostly negligible and lower compared to other methods.
- Availability — This is a payment method exclusive to Canadians. If you’re from another country and don’t have an account with a Canadian bank, you must look for an alternative.
How We Picked Top Interac Casinos
The mere fact that an online casino accepted Interac and welcomed Canadian players was not enough for it to earn a place on our top list. We have defined certain criteria that all casinos must meet before being recommended. This way, you can be sure that the casinos listed here are truly worthy of your time and money.
Here are some of the things we’ve looked into while evaluating these Interac online casinos:
- Number and quality of games — We appreciate when a casino gives players a wide selection. Besides the variety of games (slots, table games, live dealers, scratchers, etc.), the sheer number of titles and variations is also important. We also like to see games from reputable software providers. Plenty of jackpots and game tournaments increase the rating of a casino as well.
- Valuable bonuses and promotions — As soon as you complete your first Interac deposit, you should get a nice welcome offer from the casino. This can be in the form of a match deposit bonus or free spins. No deposit bonuses are even better. A worthwhile casino will keep incentivizing you with promotions through various reload bonuses, cashbacks, loyalty perks, and more. The important thing here is that the bonuses have easy-to-clear requirements that give you a chance of turning them into withdrawable winnings.
- User experience — Easy navigation routes, appealing design, and fast-loading pages all contribute to a good user experience. We also like when a casino caters to its mobile users by providing a dedicated casino app or at least having a mobile-friendly website.
- Acceptable payment policies — Just because a casino accepts Interac doesn’t mean its payment policies are adequate. An operator may impose various fees on your transactions, put restrictive limits on Interac deposits and withdrawals, or have your withdrawal request pending longer than usual. Your winnings should be available as quickly as possible, with flexible limitations and no service fees.
- Adequate customer care — You’ll likely run into a few hurdles no matter which online casino you choose, whether they’re about bonuses, payments, or something else. In such cases, your issues should receive prompt attention from knowledgeable customer service agents. Having around-the-clock support that genuinely helps its customers is imperative if a casino wants a spot on our top list.
Alternatives to Interac
If you can’t or don’t want to use Interac for any reason, here is a list of alternatives to consider:
Interac is the go-to payment method for Canadian online casino players. It allows users to deposit and withdraw from their accounts easily, quickly, and cheaply without compromising their security. The method is accepted at a broad range of casino sites that welcome Canadians, with minimum deposits starting as low as $10.
Again, we encourage you to check our recommended Interac casinos in Canada for 2023. While many sites accept Interac payments, we believe that only a select few are worthy of your consideration, and our team of diligent analysts took their time to identify these casinos and compile a list of the best ones.
Are Interac online casinos safe?
Interac is generally considered a safe payment method due to the high-level encryption it employs to protect its users’ data. As for casinos, a rogue operator may accept Interac and scam you, which is why you must be careful when selecting a casino site. Our list above contains only the best and safest Canadian-friendly casinos that accept Interac, so you should make your selection there.
Once you register with a casino site, go to its Deposit page and choose either Interac Online or Interac e-Transfer. Specify the amount you wish to deposit and your financial institution. Follow further instructions and complete the transaction. Once you finish, the money should appear in your account shortly.
Yes, you can. While some payment methods like Skrill or Neteller can be excluded from casino welcome offers, Interac is usually accepted.
Yes, Interac works as a withdrawal option as well. To cash out, go to your account and choose Interac from the list of withdrawal methods. Input the amount and submit the request.
Your Interac account must be tied to a Canadian financial institution, and the transactions must be completed in CAD.
Interac Online is slightly faster than Interac e-Transfer as it sends you directly to the payment gateway instead of forcing you to log in to your banking account and complete a security question/answer. However, Interac Online is tied to a limited number of banks (usually just the First Nations Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, and RBC Royal Bank). If you don’t have an account with one of these financial institutions, you’ll have to use Interac e-Transfer.
The minimum age limit at Interac online casinos is usually 18.