Online Casino Reviews -
Best Canadian Casinos Reviewed
Canadian players are constantly looking for new online casinos to join, and the most reliable way to find a trustworthy platform is through reviews. Naturally, besides brief feedback from players, you also need to check detailed online analyses — and that’s precisely what we offer.
Our tried-and-true method (which we’ll cover extensively in this guide) has enabled us to rate every website we review. That way, we can see which platforms have ranked the highest and list them accordingly. Then, it’s up to you to determine what matters to you the most so that you can choose the website that meets your needs.
Here’s our list of the top Canadian online casinos — however, bear in mind that it will change over time, as we are likely to find new and better platforms that deserve a spot:
TonybetA lesser known brand although it was founded in 2011. Tonybet is a casino that undeservedly does not get much attention. If you want top entertainment, Tonybet is definitely the place for you.89BitcoinSprotsbook
Spin CasinoWell known casino in online gambling industry. So why would you skip it? Take advantage of what Spin Casino has to offer.88Top RatedBest Bonuses
Ruby Fortune CasinoRuby Fortune Casino offers a thrilling online gaming experience with a wide range of games and generous bonuses, making it a popular choice among players worldwide.89Great GamesLive Casino
Rizk CasinoOne of the most famous online casinos in gambling industry. You can't go wrong with Rizk.87Great GamesOur PickLive Casino
Polestar CasinoLooking for online casino and online sportsbook? Polestar is place that you are looking for.85Payment MethodsTop GamesSportsbook
Jackpotcity CasinoIn the ever-evolving landscape of online casinos, longevity is a rare and precious jewel. Enter JackpotCity online casino, an industry veteran that has not only stood the test of time but has thrived in its 25-year journey, dating back to its inception in 1998.91Top Live CasinoMobile Compatibility
Casumo CasinoCasumo burst onto the iGaming scene in 2012, and from that moment onward, it has never ceased to amaze and captivate players worldwide.90Our PickUnlimited Withdrawal
Party CasinoParty Casino is our pick when we talk about solid online gambling experience.90Our PickBest Bonuses
Lucky Spins CasinoLooking for a new gambling site to bet at? Then, dive into the world of Lucky Spins Casino with our revealing review of its promos, games, and more!86High WithdrawalsFAST WITHDRAWALS
Top Canadian Casinos in 2023
By conducting a rigorous review process, we ensure the casinos we recommend are among the top-ranked platforms on the web. A website can only get our approval if it offers benefits like:
- Large number of high-quality games from leading providers
- Generous welcome bonuses and other promos for existing players
- Detailed payment systems and fast payouts
- Favourable bonus terms and conditions
- Secure gaming environment
- User-friendly site design
In this guide, we’ll tell you all about our thorough review process, so you’ll know how we pick the best online casinos in Canada. You can also apply our method to find casinos on your own — however, to avoid the hassle, you can simply check out the list of the operators we’ve reviewed and pick the one you like best.
How We Review Online Casinos in Canada
As stated, when reviewing online casinos, we rely on a carefully established system. We’ve developed it over the years, and our experts use it to evaluate all the aspects of an online gambling platform and decide whether it’s trustworthy. Then, they can rank its features objectively and determine the overall grade.
Let’s look at all the characteristics we examine — we will let you know how we assess them and what affects the final rating.
First and foremost, you need to ensure the casino accepts Canadians.
Unless the casino is licensed to operate in the country, there’s no guarantee it will allow Canadian players to join. One of the ways of determining this is by checking whether it offers localized content or bonuses in CAD.
In case you are still unsure, we advise you to check the terms and conditions. Here, you will find a list of restricted countries whose residents are not permitted to join the casino.
Alternatively, you can try to register an account. Every registration procedure includes a part where players need to input their address — if Canada is available, you can be sure that the casino accepts players from this country.
The information related to the casino’s owner is typically listed in the page’s footer. Most online casinos in Canada display this info — those that don’t should be ruled out because it may indicate questionable practices.
Once you see who the owner is, you can research it and visit its other websites. Most casinos are operated by firms that own two or more gambling platforms, so it’s worth checking out the sister sites, as well.
It is believed that the more prominent the owner is, the better the casino will be. However, bear in mind that even those casinos that are owned by relatively unknown companies might be worth checking out, as it is possible they are simply a new player on the market. That’s why you need to check other aspects of the site as well to make sure it’s worth your time.
Every reliable online casino needs to have a licence.
In those places where the online gambling industry is regulated, the casino will likely seek a permit from a local gambling authority. For instance, as of 2022, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) has been the province’s official licensing body.
However, even if a casino doesn’t own this specific licence, it should still have one from another major international regulator. Some famous names include:
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission
You can check the licensing info in the website’s footer. The permit will be displayed with a logo or licensing numbers. In some rare instances, casinos might lie about this information, which is why we advise you to visit the official website of the regulatory body and check whether the numbers are correct. Reputable casinos will even leave a link, so you can quickly review the legitimacy of the licence.
Even though you may think a proper licence is enough to guarantee safety, it’s good to dig a little deeper, just in case. That’s why we also analyze the casino’s security features, including:
- SSL encryption — Secure Socket Layer encryption is the standard security protocol for all websites. The sites with a proper certificate always have HTTPS instead of HTTP in their address. Casinos with this type of technology encrypt data, meaning all the information you use on the site or share with the casino is safe from cybercriminals.
- Firewalls — Trustworthy online casinos have firewalls that ensure only specific types of traffic are permitted. These are typically used for geo-location, but they can also ban people with specific IP addresses from accessing the site.
- Third-party security checks — Reputable online casinos tend to make deals with independent companies that periodically perform security checks to ensure everything is in order.
It’s one thing for a licensing body to vouch for an online casino, but it’s much better if players and iGaming experts recommend it as well. So, you can learn a lot about the casino’s reputation by looking at:
- Online reviews on sites like this one
- Player feedback on reputable websites like Askgamblers and Casino Guru
- User opinions posted on forums and social media groups
Apart from this, you can check other indicators of the casino’s trustworthiness. For instance, you can see whether the operator has a licence or established partnerships. The latter is more common with sports betting sites; however, online casinos can also establish relationships with third-party auditors that check their casino game offerings to ensure the releases are not tampered with.
Trustworthy casinos also share their Return-to-Player (RTP) percentages with the public. This kind of information is important, as some games offer RTP ranges — in other words, the casinos hosting them are allowed to pick the level that suits them best.
Even though there are a huge number of providers and releases in the iGaming industry, our experts know precisely which names point toward a great casino. After all, the quality of game selection is another indicator that can show you whether a casino is worth your while.
Top online casinos in Canada tend to have diverse libraries that cover:
- Live dealer games
- Video poker
- Lottery titles
- Bingo games
- Mini-games and specialty titles
As for game providers, the more prominent names you see, the better. The best sites are those supplied by industry leaders like NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Yggdrasil, Pragmatic Play, Evolution, Big Time Gaming, Relax Gaming, and others.
You should also check whether popular titles like NetENt’s Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst, Microgaming’s Mega Moolah, Immortal Romance, and the Thunderstruck series, Novomatic’s Book of Ra, Betsoft’s The Slotfather 2, Playtech’s Age of the Gods, Play’n Go’s Book of Dead series, or almost any live dealer game from Evolution are available.
Most casinos have a welcome package for new players and a host of additional promotions for the loyal ones. When analyzing a website, we make sure the casino offers both, as we want to make sure you’ll be able to maximize your earnings.
In addition, it’s always nice when a site features reload deposit bonuses, free spin offers, cashbacks, refer-a-friend schemes, and loyalty programmes. However, the quality of these promos matters even more, so it’s vital to look at their terms and conditions. Some are more important than others, and the ones you need to check include:
- Wagering requirements — This is the most important part of the bonus T&Cs, as it shows the number of times you need to wager the bonus funds before you get to withdraw. This condition is always placed on promos like welcome bonuses and deposit bonuses. It should be around 30x (the industry average) or below. The lower the number, the more lucrative the offer, as you’ll have an easier time fulfilling the requirements and cashing out.
- Bonus vs bonus + deposit funds — Some wagering requirements are applied only to the bonus amount, while others pertain to the deposited funds as well. The former is better for the player, while the latter can make it more difficult to cash out, even if the wagering requirement is on the lower side.
- Maximum wins — Some casinos limit the amount you can win from a bonus. This is entirely understandable from the casino’s perspective, especially when it comes to reload promos that are often repeated and no-deposit bonuses.
- Expiry dates — All bonuses expire, and it’s vital to note the longevity of an offer before you claim it, as you need to make sure you’ll have enough time to complete wagering requirements and use up the funds entirely.
- Game contributions — All game types contribute differently toward meeting the wagering requirements. In general, slots are the only games contributing 100%, while table and live dealer titles tend to hover around 50% or less. As you can see, slots make it much easier to fulfill the requirements. However, the figures can differ from site to site, and since there are always some exceptions, it’s vital to check the bonus terms to see where you stand.
- Stake size — This refers to the amount you cannot go over when placing a single bet (for example, a single spin in a slot game).
When it comes to payment options, the first thing you need to check is whether the casino features methods popular among Canadians — Interac is typically at the top of this list.
You also need to ensure the conditions for depositing and withdrawing are favourable. The minimum and maximum limits need to be accommodating to both regular players and high rollers.
Moreover, payout times should be reasonable — a few days at the most. Still, with modern payment methods like PayPal and other e-wallets, funds should reach your account within a day.
Finally, transaction fees should ideally not be imposed, at least not from the casino’s side. Keep in mind, though, that some payment methods charge small fees.
We always check the quality of customer support because prompt responses and timely communication matter a lot to most players.
Since you’ll probably have to ask for help at some point, it’s crucial that agents are available most of the time, preferably 24/7.
In addition, high-quality customer service should offer more than a single channel of communication — as a result, you’ll often find email addresses and phone numbers that you can use to reach out to the agents. Still, live chats remain the preferred option because of their fast response times.
Ideally, an online casino should impose deposit and time limits to help you remain responsible. There should also be options that enable you to exclude yourself from the casino’s services for a specific period, like a few months or a year.
The sites we recommend boast many of these features, including self-assessment tests, advice on dealing with gambling problems, and links to reputable organizations that can help struggling players, like Gambling Therapy, GamTalk, and similar.
Importance of Researching an Online Casino Before Registering
With so many platforms on the market, there are bound to be low-quality ones. In fact, some of them may even be outright scams. Luckily, that’s where online casino reviews come in. However, doing your own research is crucial too. Even though you can always trust a casino we recommend, it’s still important to analyze its features on your own, especially if you decide to search for some new gambling sites on your own.
First, bear in mind that just because a casino website looks incredible, that doesn’t necessarily mean it is of superb quality — for instance, its bonus offer might be disappointing, the wagering requirements impossible to meet, and the game selection limited.
In addition, remember to always stay alert, as shady operators tend to employ tricky tactics to get players to join and deposit their hard-earned cash. Over the years, we’ve seen some clever tricks, like using the same domain name as an established brand and just adding a letter or number. We’ve also seen fake certifications and licences, which only goes to show how important it is to verify all the information you stumble across.
Since we know how hard it is to stay on top of everything, we’ve created a guide that will help you avoid falling for any of the tricks. Check it out below!
How to Check an Online Casino to Decide if It’s Worth Joining
The following steps will help you evaluate an online casino before you decide whether you should join it:
- Check the licence and see whether or not the casino allows Canadian players and CAD payments.
- Ensure the site uses HTTPS, not HTTP.
- Make sure the casino is reputable and has positive reviews from players and experts alike.
- Find out if it offers at least one payment method you usually use and check whether the deposit and withdrawal rules are reasonable.
- Go through the casino library to ensure it features quality releases from elite providers. You also want the casino to have at least several hundred or even a few thousand titles — the more, the merrier!
- Look at both site and bonus T&Cs and search for red flags like high wagering requirements and low withdrawal caps.
- Once you’ve gained as many insights as possible and ensured the site is safe, you can create an account. Fill in your personal data and select CAD as the currency. You’ll still have some research to do, but the following steps are only possible after you’ve registered.
- Go to the Deposit section and opt for the payment method you prefer. You’ll have to fund your account to be able to test the site fully, but you can always use a small amount and then claim the welcome bonus to have more funds at your disposal.
- Get a feel of the platform and see how games work. You can stop using the site if you notice any irregularities, like repeated losses in games with higher RTPs or some issues with the bonus funds. But if everything goes well, you’ll know it’s a site worth sticking with.
- The last thing you need to check is the withdrawal process. You’ll need to meet all the requirements first to initiate a cashout, but as long as they are favourable, there’s nothing to worry about. However, you still need to ensure the casino pays out, as some tend to delay withdrawals or ignore them altogether.
At a top-quality online casino, you can expect much more than just entertainment. Namely, the site should feature a licence from a reputable regulator, plenty of bonuses and promotions, a wide selection of games, and a variety of payment methods, among other things.
Now that we’ve explained to you how we assess all the important aspects of a casino, the only thing left for you to do is pick an operator from our list, join it, and take it for a test ride! And in case you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try looking for a new casino on your own — just remember to read the reviews and keep our tips in mind.
What is the most trusted Canadian online casino?
There is no single most trusted casino in the country — you can find several that fit this description by checking the site’s reputation, trustworthiness, and other aspects we cover in this guide. You can also join any casino we recommend, as we perform thorough checks and only support trustworthy sites.
You must inspect the casino’s licence and ensure it comes from a well-known regulatory body. Additionally, you should check the security features like SSL encryption, popular payment methods, and third-party auditors.
Because they help you learn more about an online casino’s features, game offer, and quality. The review itself is reliable if the reviewer is trustworthy as well.
You need to look for specific details, like software providers, games, bonuses, and more. The more specific information the review has, the better it is.
In Canada, online casinos are illegal unless they are licensed by a local regulatory body. Online gambling is prohibited in all provinces and territories except Ontario, which launched its regulated market in April 2022. However, it’s important to note that the federal and local governments never prosecute players for using offshore or unlicensed online casinos — they only go after the websites themselves if possible.
It depends on the province, but it’s typically 19. It’s 18 or above in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec.
Yes, you can. Most online casinos let their members test games in a free demo mode. Some casinos even allow unregistered members to try out their games. Naturally, free play is unavailable for releases like progressive jackpots and the majority of live casino titles.
This depends entirely on the casino. If it is licensed in Ontario, where online gambling is fully regulated, it will certainly operate using CAD. However, if it’s an international casino or one with the Kahnawake licence, you’ll have to check whether CAD is supported. You can do this by finding out which currency is used in bonus offers, checking the Payment/Banking page, or looking up the information in the T&Cs.